Eirik Davey-Gislason – Eirik has excelled in residential real estate in New York City for 14 years as a Salesperson, Trainer, Mentor, Coach, Manager, and Director of Sales. His expertise and experience in collaborative negotiation, deal management, and conflict resolution, as well as his industry knowledge and reputation as both a sales director and agent provide Eirik with a very unique and valuable perspective, skillset and resume.
Eirik is a passionate and dynamic Instructor and speaker, and has presented to audiences across the United States. He is a successful, working agent with Halstead Real Estate and serves as a private real estate coach assisting new and experienced agents elevate their business through motivational coaching, industry knowledge, reputation building, and best practices. Eirik has earned the Master Certified Negotiation Expert designation and, as an Instructor for the Real Estate Negotiation Institute, teaches core and advanced collaborative negotiation training courses. As a writer and author of the real estate blog, Unreal Estate, Eirik educates the industry and public on various aspects of the real estate market and process, and he has been featured and quoted in articles in The Real Deal, Curbed and Brick Underground.
Eirik is originally from Minnesota and a proud graduate of St. Olaf College. He lives in Jackson Heights, Queens with his wife and two daughters where he serves as co-Chair of Friends of Diversity Plaza, a member of the Real Estate Board of New York’s Rental Committee and Queens Committee, a member of NYRAC+ and a board member of the St. Olaf College Alumni Board of Directors. Eirik has been recognized for his community service and activism with a citation from the New York City Council, and he is a proud recipient of the JHBG “Good Neighbor” Award.
Awards: Winner, World’s Best Dad (2012-2015, 2017, 2019)
- “This was an amazing class! And it was mainly because of you, your knowledge and enthusiasm came across beautifully. I learn so much from it and I feel so confident because I understand what I was doing and what I will be doing going forward in my Real Estate career and life. I was so excited when I came home and told my husband about the class that he even commented on how much I enjoyed the class.” – Jackie S.
- “Thank you very much for following up and for teaching such an incredible class. I really learned a lot and gained new perspective on negotiating skills and moving forward will definitely incorporate things that I learned with my clients (i.e. buyers/sellers). Initially I wanted to take this class as a refresher and to enhance my skills in general in the real estate industry as a licensed agent. I really enjoyed the class and also the role-play at the end of the second day. You definitely made the class very enjoyable and I really appreciated your insight, past experiences, and stories that you shared.” – Lawrence H.
- “You are an awesome teacher – knowledgeable, polite, and fun. It was very intensive material and you managed it very actively and in a fun way, so it wasn’t boring at all. The practical negotiation at the end was like the cherry on the top. I could understand and apply in a practical way what you taught us, embracing all that I learned. Thank you so much =)” – Daniela D.
- “Thank you so much, you are truly a gifted and inspirational instructor. My negotiation skills will never be the same and yes, I will always ‘name it to tame it.’” – Nancy P.
- “Thanks for a very informative two days! I really enjoyed your class and look forward to doing the next one in the series!” – Teresa W.
- “Thanks Eirik. That was the most I learned in two days in decades.” – Wendy G.
- “Thank you for an awesome class! Great information, and you presented in an excellent manner. It was obvious that you practice what you preach. Thanks again.” – Josephine V.